The North Vancouver Chamber seeks a full-time Summer Office Intern – Communications Coordinator for the 2023 summer season.
ARE YOU? Warm, out-going, authentic, passionate about helping businesses, and inspired by entrepreneurs! Raise your hand if this is you. The North Vancouver Chamber needs YOU this summer.
We are a not-for-profit, membership-based organization dedicated to supporting local businesses grow in the North Vancouver community. We encourage a healthy business climate by providing valuable support, connecting them to resources and leading by constructively contributing to public policy in support of a healthy employment and business climate.
If you’d like to gain experience working with and supporting a wide range of businesses in North Vancouver, we’d really like to hear from you.
- Candidates must have customer service skills, business intuition, communication skills, attention to detail, and analytical skills.
- Candidates must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe suite.
- The candidate must be flexible and able to work in a team or individually.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment period;
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist and support general office duties such as:
- business enquiries in person and on the phone, promote local business services and provide North Vancouver community information
- Provide administrative support to the NV Chamber team
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of NV Chamber events
- Set up project records and filing systems
- Prepare correspondence related to projects
- Support website, newsletter and social media content sourcing and programming
- Assist in preparing reports and reviewing internal data
- Research and analyze information for various projects as directed
Applicants must be available to work full-time May 8th, 2023 – Aug. 25th, 2023 from 9 am – 5 pm.
Pay: $17.00 per hour.
IMPORTANT: This position is financially dependent on receiving funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program. Notification of successful funding will be provided in April.
Resumes with a Cover Letter are to be submitted to our HR team no later than April 19th, 2023 at firstname.lastname@example.org