i. A Strong Voice. Leading Discussions.
We have always been leading discussions on critical issues in North Vancouver, the region and beyond that are impacting your business
- Property Assessment & Taxation
- Land use
- Child Care
- Workforce inclusion
- Construction disruption
- Protection of industrial and commercial land
ii. Policy – Punching Above our Weight.
The North Vancouver Chamber has proudly initiated a range of policy recommendations that gained Provincial and National Chamber support:
- Retraining Underemployed Workforce to Meet Needs of BC Tech Sector (2020)
- Enhancing Support of Cycling as Mode of Workforce Transportation (2019)
- Raising the Cap: Supporting B.C. Business with Credit Union Capital (2019)
- Supporting Canada’s Steelmaking Coal Industry (renewed 2019)
- Protection of Industrial Lands for Future Prosperity (renewed 2019)
- Transportation Connecting the North Shore and Metro Vancouver: Quantifying the Economic Impact and Defining the Solutions (2018)
iii. Connecting with Elected Officials.
As a business, you don’t vote. But as a taxpayer, your opinion matters. We bring you closer to those who represent you:
- Meeting electoral candidates Federal, Provincial and Municipal elections Example: 2019 Federal Election – we met with all Candidates from all parties and shared your priorities. We provided a chance for you to meet the candidates at the Federal Election Mixer. We were the only organization able to attract ALL candidates to our event.
- Ongoing dialogue with elected officials: Converation with the MLAs, State of the City and State of the District Mayoral address to the business community.
- Post Budget Overview – Federal & Provincial representatives review budget
iv. Representing YOU on community and regional issues.
We have developed a trusted voice – that builds constructive relationships:
- Economic Partnership North Shore
- Burrard Inlet Rapid Transit – Economic Impact Assessment
- North Shore Immigrant Inclusion Economic Working Group
- District of North Vancouver – Targeted OCP Review
- City of North Vancouver – Mayor’s Business Advisory Roundtable
- North Shore E-bike Share Pilot Program
- Coastal Ferry Vision Forum – w. Hon Claire Trevena, Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority land use planning
- Speaker – Translink’s RapidBus Announcement
- Mayors’ Council media events in support of Federal funding for transportation infrastructure
- Integrated Transportation Committee – CNV
- Ride Hailing Services & Licensing
- Recycle BC Advisory Committee