Warm, out-going, authentic, passionate about helping businesses, and inspired by entrepreneurs! Raise your hand if this is you. The North Vancouver Chamber needs YOU this summer.
The North Vancouver Chamber seeks a full-time Office Support Coordinator for the 2022 summer season.
Summer Office Support Coordinator
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period;
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment – International students are not eligible; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Ideal candidates will have
- Strong customer service skills and communication skills
- Attention to detail and analytical skills a benefit
- Good business intuition and interest in supporting the business community
- Be flexible, adaptable and equally able to work independently or with a team
- Experience with Microsoft and Adobe software suites
- Communications experience or background including social media
- Experience working in a similar office environment is a benefit
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken
- The ability to speak multiple languages is considered an asset
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with business enquiries, promote local business services and provide North Vancouver community information in person, phone and email
- Provide office support to the NV Chamber team
- Research and analyze information for various projects as needed
- Assist in preparing reports and data collection
- Assist with social media and other communications, sourcing and programming in content
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of NV Chamber events – when applicable
- Prepare correspondence related to projects
- Set up project records and filing systems
Applicants must be available to work full time from May 11th, 2022 – Aug. 31st, 2022, from 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Work Location & COVID considerations: The role will be in the North Vancouver Chamber office. Candidates will need to prove they are fully vaccinated and adhere to COVID office protocols.
Compensation: $16.75 per hour.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our members and clients come from all walks of life and we hire students from a wide variety of backgrounds. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for supporting businesses big and small, you will find this summer job a great experience.
- This position is financially dependent on receiving funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program. Notification of successful funding will be received in April.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted – no phone calls, please.
Resumes with a Cover Letter should be submitted to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 22, 2022.