Finding a Site
Looking for a new site to expand or relocate to a new location? Go to Find a Site.
City of North Vancouver – Land Use
District of North Vancouver – Land Use
Permits, Licences & Regulations
If you are renovating or moving into a new space, you may need to apply for a Building & Development Permit (types of permits include Building, Electrical, Plumbing, and Sign Permits)
Operating a business in the City of North Vancouver (CNV):
- City of North Vancouver:
- Apply for a CNV Business License
- CNV Building & Development Permit
- Visit the CNV website for a complete list of Bylaws.
Operating a business in the District of North Vancouver (DNV)
- District of North Vancouver:
- Apply for a DNV Business License
- DNV Building or Building-related (Trade) Permit
- Visit the DNV website for a complete list of Bylaws and Policies
Other Permits, Licences & Regulations:
- BC Safety Authority Regulations & Permits – This organization regulates and permits electrical equipment and systems, oilers, refrigeration systems, and natural gas and propane appliances and systems. Regulations and permits apply to both brick-and-mortar (e.g. fixed-location store-front) and mobile businesses (e.g. food trucks).
- Vancouver Coastal Health Approval & Permits – This regional health authority provides direct and contracted health services to residents and businesses including oversight for environmental health protection.
Health & Wellness – Associations & Industry Peers
Vancouver Coastal Health – This regional health authority provides direct and contracted health services to residents and businesses including oversight for environmental health protection.
BC Health Regulators – BCHR brings all 19 health profession regulators – known as health regulatory colleges – in British Columbia together, providing an administrative and organizational foundation for collaboration between the colleges. There are 30 practitioner groups overseen by BC’s health regulatory colleges:
- Chiropractic Doctors (chiropractors)
- Certified Dental Assistants
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Technicians
- Dental Therapists
- Hearing Instrument Practitioners
- Massage Therapists
- Naturopathic Physicians (naturopaths)
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Physical Therapists (physiotherapists)
- Physicians and Surgeons
- Podiatric Surgeons (podiatrists)
- Practical Nurses
- Psychiatric Nurses
- Registered Social Workers
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Practitioners
Public Health Association of BC – The Public Health Association of BC is a voluntary, non-profit, non-government, member driven organization that provides leadership to promote health, well-being and social equity. We fulfill our mission through advocacy, collaboration, education and research and do this work though the spectrum of public health practice; including prevention, promotion, protection and policy. The Board of Directors is composed of public health leaders from various locales including Health Authorities, the Ministry of Health, post-secondary institutions, and the non-profit sector. The Association was founded in 1953 and has close to 500 members.
College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia – the CPSBC regulates the practice of medicine under the authority of provincial law. All physicians who practice medicine in the province must be registrants of the College
Physiotherapy Association of BC (PABC) – PABC ensures members have access to practice support, professional development and advocacy avenues to provide opportunities for people in BC to receive quality care that keeps them moving for life.