Finding a Site
Looking for a new site to expand or relocate to a new industrial or light industrial location? Go to Find a Site.
City of North Vancouver – Land Use
District of North Vancouver – Land Use
Permits, Licences & Regulations
If you are renovating or moving into a new space, you may need to apply for a Building & Development Permit (types of permits include Building, Electrical, Plumbing, and Sign Permits)
Operating a business in the City of North Vancouver (CNV):
- City of North Vancouver:
Operating a business in the District of North Vancouver (DNV)
- District of North Vancouver:
Associations & Industry Peers
- BC Construction Association – The provincial voice for the construction industry providing the latest industry news and extensive resources.
- BC Construction Safety Alliance
- BC Road Builders & Heavy Construction Association
- Canadian Home Builders’ Association-BC
- Construction Labour Relations Association
- Independent Contractors and Businesses Association
- Progressive Contractors Association of Canada
- Red Seal Trades – Designated trades are governed by regulations under the Provincial and Territorial Apprenticeship Acts. These regulations outline the administrative procedures and, in some cases, the standards and conditions of training for specific trades (e.g. methods of registering apprentices, curriculum, accreditation, and certification).
- ‘Starting Your Own Construction Company’ – This article outlines some of the things you should consider before starting your own construction company.