On November 16, 2023, Mayors’ Council announced the Metrotown-Park Royal BRT line as a prioritized corridor for investment but funding still needs to be secured. On November, 22, 2023, the North Vancouver Chamber hosted an panel discussion with North Shore Connects partners, TransLink and Quay North Urban Development. Businesses of all sizes and industries attended the event and vocalized their support for the Metrotown-Park Royal BRT as it will support staff retention, goods movement, and more.
The North Vancouver Chamber stands strong with those leading the charge to get rapid transit to, from and across the North Shore. We have a long history of leadership in this discussion. Since 2016, the North Vancouver Chamber and associated leadership group Economic Partnership North Vancouver (now North Shore or EPNS) has led the call for action to deal with our “ECONOMY in GRIDLOCK”. Learn more.
We were pleased to host this panel discussion of such importance to our business community.
Now we need your support to call for senior levels of government to bring the funding required to make these projects happen. What can you do?
JOIN the CALL!
- Contact members of Mayors’ Council, the Provincial Government and the Federal Government.
- Contact your local media about how BIRT and BRT will benefit you.
- Share the benefits of BIRT and BRT on social media.
- Amplify social media posts from North Shore Connects.
- Ask other businesses and people in your network to join the call.
- Inform your employees of our letter writing tool and the BRT announcement.
For the latest information visit:
Facebook: North Shore Connects
X (formerly Twitter): @NSConnects
LinkedIn: North Shore Connects