Events & Office Operations Assistant
The Events & Office Operations Assistant provides assistance to the Office Lead and Membership Engagement & Events Manager as necessary to successfully meet the needs of the North Vancouver Chamber (NVC). The position takes a hands-on approach to event coordination, reception and administrative support.
Office Lead and Membership Engagement Manager, North Vancouver Chamber
- Duration: 6 month contract.
- Part time: 30 hours per week – some flexibility available based on NVC and applicant’s schedule.
- Compensation: Hourly – rate depending on experience.
The People and Relationships:
- Working in a small, dynamic, “all-hands-on-deck” environment within the North Vancouver Chamber
- Key business community relationships and interactions include business owners, entrepreneurs, leaders of existing businesses, municipal staff and the general public
Role – Key Accountabilities:
Office Operations Support
- Provide administrative support to the NVC team, as directed by the Office Lead
- Assist with business, membership and other enquiries in person and on the phone
- Promote local and member businesses; provide community information to guests
- Assist in promotion of NV Chamber through website and social media as required
- Additional duties as required
Membership & Event Support
- Assist Membership Engagement & Events Manager with coordination and implementation of event logistics including: venue rentals, hotel room bookings, confirming volunteers, coordinating with suppliers, on-site event support (set-up and tear down), data entry, preparing name tags & participant lists, set up & operation of registration desks and other event production elements as needed
Role – Teamwork:
- Contribute in a positive manner to the successful functioning of the entire team; help out where needed and go the extra mile to create wins for the team and organization
- Share information relevant to the rest of the organization at team meetings
Role – Interactions and Relationships:
- Take direction from the Office Lead and the Membership Engagement & Events Manager
- Interact positively with members, prospective members, business owners, key venue contacts and the public to foster positive & ongoing community reputation
Experience/ Education / Skills:
- Experience in one or more of the following: office administration, customer service, member-based organizations
- Experience in event coordination and knowledge of event industry practices
- Entrepreneurial experience an asset
- Relevant education, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Personality
- Organized, strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Able to move and lift events materials (20 lbs.)
- Personable; comfortable and focused in a complex and changing environment
- Strong, clear and professional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of people and personalities
- Ability to recognize the needs and value of events and their role in a Chamber
- Strong personal drive; self-motivated to achieve results
- High ethical standards and integrity
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Application Deadline: September 17, 2018
Please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org ; noting “Events & Office Operations Assistant” in the subject line.
No phone calls or personnel agencies please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.