North Vancouver Chamber – 2020 State of the City Address
November 19, 2020
The North Vancouver Chamber is proud to have presented the 2020 State of the City Address for our local business community. The State of the City Address event was recorded.
Mayor Linda Buchanan offered a snapshot of the initiatives the City of North Vancouver has undertaken since the COVID-19 pandemic began, with a roadmap of their Strategic Plan, that includes the commitments and priorities moving forward.
- Some other topics covered in the address and Q&A period following included:
- Transportation – Crossing the Burrard inlet, Advocacy & Bike Share program
- Economy – Economic Investment & Economic Drivers
- Land Use – Industrial Land Strategy, land use creep
- Small Business – Costs, Support, Buy local, Walk ‘N’ Shop Campaign
- Housing initiatives
- Park Plans
WATCH VIDEO HERE – NV Chamber 2020 State of the City Address.
Speakers (in order of appearance):
- Patrick Stafford-Smith – CEO, NV Chamber
- Scott Allman – Board Chair; NV Chamber, AVP Business Services Blueshore Financial
- Cliff Stewart – VP, Infrastructure, Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Mayor Linda Buchanan – Mayor, City of North Vancouver
- Annie Prud’homme-Genereux – Vice Chair; NV Chamber, Director, Continuing Studies, Capilano University
Thank you to our event partners:
Check out Port of Vancouver video “Connecting Business & Communities”