Business Excellence Awards
The Business Excellence Awards acknowledges and recognizes the outstanding achievements of business people and business organizations within our community. The nominees and recipients of the awards demonstrate their commitment to their customers and the community by providing outstanding service, delivering high quality products and services through their entrepreneurial spirit.
Click here for the online Nomination Submission Form. Deadline for Nominations is 5:00pm, July 29th, 2016
The Awards Categories:
North Vancouver Business Excellence Awards will be given to a deserving business in each of the following categories:
The Community Contribution Award will recognize and honour a business or individual business leader for their significant contribution and commitment to the North Vancouver community at large. Criteria include one or more of the following:
- Proactively supported community organizations, events or initiatives in the last calendar year with sponsorships, volunteerism, staff engagement, financial support, donated professional services or products, marketing or public relations campaigns.
- Demonstrates outstanding commitment and leadership in a variety of activities that have made the North Shore a better place in which to live and conduct business.
- Demonstrates a deep commitment to furthering the community’s economic, social and/or cultural status.
- A business of any size that demonstrates proactive support for the arts and/or culture above and beyond the basic commercial benefits to their business through advocacy, supplies, services, financial support, volunteerism or staff engagement.
The Innovation Excellence Award will be presented to a business to recognize their innovative approach to business growth and development. Criteria include one or more of the following:
- Proven record of innovative endeavours, which may include success breaking in to new markets.
- Development and utilization of innovative and creative business methods to generate business growth and development.
- Positive response to adversity and/or problelms faced by the business, and the methods used to solve them.
The Service Excellence Award will be presented to a local business to recognize their outstanding achievement and commitment to service excellence. Criteria include one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence in all areas of their business.
- Maintains high service standards through effective staff training and development practices.
- Provides exceptional “wow” to internal and external customers, partners and stakeholders in carrying out the business’s mission.
The Young Entrepreneur Award will be presented to a business person who is 40 years of age or under before December 31st, 2016 who excels in business, exemplifies leadership and demonstrates strong entrepreneurial skills. Criteria include one or more of the following:
- Exhibits innovative endeavours, including the successful operation of a business and/or success breaking into new markets.
- Demonstrates business skills necessary for economic success and long-term business success.
- Is a well respected role model for young persons in business.
- Contributes to community programs on a personal and/or corporate level.
Business Person of the Year
The Business Person of the Year Award will be presented to a local business person who has made a notable contribution to the quality of life in North Vancouver. Criteria include one or more of the following:
- Maintains a respected position within their trade or industry.
- Has achieved milestones and/or accomplishments that demonstrate their effectiveness in business.
- Is actively involved in business, civic and/or community organizations.
- Extends volunteer efforts beyond their business or professional responsibilities
Business of the Year
The Business of the Year Award will be presented to a local business which has demonstrated true overall business excellence. Criteria include one or more of the following:
- Proven track record of business sustainability, growth, and sound financial management.
- Outstanding leadership in empowering staff/management development and employee retention.
- Continuously provides exemplary customer service, relations, and product differentiation.
- Proactively contributes to the community and has an established role as a strong corporate citizen.
- Proven milestone achievements in their field of business.
Key Eligibility Rules:
- Nominees must have a business location in North Vancouver and a valid North Vancouver business license
- Self Nominations ARE accepted
- Nominees do NOT need to be North Vancouver Chamber of Commerce members
- An organization/individual is ineligible to win the same award category more than once in three years
The Awards Process
A call for public nominations is made each Spring, followed by a short listing process. From all of the nominees who have submitted a package, up to 3 will be shortlisted as finalists in each category and announced at the Nominees reception in September. At the reception nominee finalists will be teamed up with Capilano University Motion Picture Art students who will create a film to be presented at the annual NVCC Business Excellence Awards gala in November. After a judging process, the winners in each category are announced.
To view winners from 2015, please click here.
Click here to view all videos for 2015 Business Excellence Awards nominees and winners.