Updated April 8, 2020.
We are closely monitoring the ongoing health recommendations around this important public health issue.
We are committed to providing our members with reliable, accurate and timely information. Please check here regularly for updates.
Update to: Coronavirus – Employer Legal Considerations (Updated March 25, 2020)
For the most health current information on COVID-19 please visit:
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- World Health Organization
- Health Link BC
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- BC Provincial Health Officer Orders and Notices (Updated April 2, 2020)
BUSINESS SUPPORT TOOLS:
To help you prepare for and manage through a potential COVID-19 escalation, we encourage you to look at:
North Vancouver Chamber: Coronavirus – NV Chamber Business Preparedness Manual
Support for Small Business (Summarized Listings and Links) – Updated April 1, 2020
BC Chamber: Resources for Businesses Affected by COVID-19 V2 Updated April 1, 2020
BC Economic Development Association (BCEDA): Planning for the Coronavirus – A Guide for Business & Organisations
Canadian Chamber of Commerce guide: COVID-19 Business Preparedness Guide.
Tourism & Travel industry Updated April 2, 2020
Food Service sector Updated April 1, 2020
Government Support for Business:
- Updated – New Criteria for 75% Wage Subsidy Announced (CEWS) (Updated April 8, 2020)
- Updated – Canadian Emergency Response Benefit – CERB (Updated April 6, 2020)
- Updated – Morneau explains expanded Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) (added April 1, 2020)
- NEW – Canada Business APP (added April 1, 2020)
- Updated – Wage subsidy increase to 75% for Small and Medium Business – (updated March 30, 2020)
- BDC – (Webinar) How to cope with the impacts of COVID-19 on your business Tips: skip to 14:54 for business continuity planning, skip to 28:35 for BDC $$ support guidance. (added March 24, 2020)
- Resources for Canadian Businesses (added March 24, 2020)
- Federal Government changes to; Update April 3, 2020
- Employment Insurance – Changes to EI Sickness benefits waiting times
- Labour Program and federally regulated workplaces – Info on Labour programs and workplace regulations for both employee and employers.
- Work-Sharing Program – Enhancements, changes to waiting period, agreement extensions and possible support for those not eligible for EI sickness benefits.
- Federal Government support for the economy and financial sector
- BDC Support for entrepreneurs impacted by the coronavirus COVID-19
- What Canadian exporters need to know about the coronavirus COVID-19
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Managing the impact on global supply chains
- Western Economic Diversification Canada: If you are a tourism operator or small- or medium- sized business or organization and have received RDA funding and COVID-19 is affecting your operations.
- Essential Services List (added March 26, 2020)
- Emergency Program Act – including supply chain and banning the secondary resale of essential supplies (added March 27, 2020)
- COVID-19 Support App & Self-Assessment Tool (added March 25, 2020)
- Supporting Childcare Providers (added March 25, 2020)
- Free Boarding on Translink Buses (added March 25, 2020)
- BC Government Action Plan (added March 23, 2020)
- Restaurant Industry (Licensed for Liqour) New Opportunity (added March 23, 2020)
- Increasing Production of Hand Sanitizer (New Opportunity) (added March 23, 2020)
- Guidance to Construction Sites (added March 23, 2020)
BC Hydro COVID-19 Relief Fund for small businesses – added April 6, 2020
BC Hydro COVID-19 Customer Assistance Program: allows you to defer bill payments or arrange for flexible payment plans with no penalty (updated April 1, 2020)