Receive Event Updates
Sign up to receive exciting updates from us, delivered directly to your inbox.
Business Excellence Awards
The annual Business Excellence Awards recognize the outstanding achievements of business people and business organizations in our community. Each of the nominees and recipients are leaders in our local business community, consistently delivering high quality products and outstanding service.
The Community Contribution Award recognizes and honours a business or individual business leader for their significant contribution and commitment to the North Vancouver community at large. The business or individual must demonstrate one or all of the following criteria:
- have actively supported community organizations, events or initiatives in the last calendar year through sponsorship, volunteerism, staff engagement, financial support, donated professional services or products, and/or marketing or public relations campaigns;
- demonstrate outstanding commitment and leadership in a variety of activities that have resulted in making North Vancouver a better place to live and conduct business;
- demonstrate a deep commitment to furthering the community’s economic, social and/or cultural status; or
- demonstrate active support for the arts and/or culture above-and-beyond the basic commercial benefits to their business through advocacy, supplies, services, financial support, volunteerism or staff engagement
The Innovation Excellence Award is presented to a business in recognition of their innovative approach to business growth and development. The business must demonstrate one or all of the following criteria:
- have a proven record of innovative endeavours;
- develop and utilize innovative and creative business methods to generate growth; or
- demonstrate a positive response to adversity and/or problems as well as innovative solutions to these problems.
The Service Excellence Award is presented to a local business in recognition of their outstanding achievement and commitment to customer service. The business must demonstrate one or all of the following criteria:
- demonstrate a commitment to service excellence in all aspects of their business;
- maintain high service standards through periodic staff training and development practices; or
- demonstrate the “wow factor” when dealing with customers, partners and stakeholders.
The Young Entrepreneur Award is presented to a business person who is 40 years of age or under (before December 31st, 2016). This person excels in business, exemplifies leadership and demonstrates strong entrepreneurial skills. This person demonstrate one or all of the following criteria:
- exhibit innovation, including the successful operation of a business and/or success breaking into new markets;
- be a well-respected role model for other young persons in business; or
- contribute to community programs on a personal and/or corporate level.
Business Person of the Year
The Business Person of the Year Award is presented to a local business person who has made a notable contribution to the quality of life in North Vancouver. The business person must:
- demonstrate a respected position within their trade or industry;
- have achieved milestones and/or accomplishments that demonstrate their effectiveness in business;
- be actively involved in business, a civic and/or community organization; and
- volunteer beyond their business or professional responsibilities.
Business of the Year
The Business of the Year Award is presented to a local business that has demonstrated unrivalled overall business excellence. The business must demonstrate one or all of the following criteria:
- demonstrate a proven track record of sustainability, growth, and sound financial management;
- demonstrate outstanding leadership: empowering their staff, providing career development for employees and a history of employee retention;
- continuously provide exemplary customer service;
- actively contribute to the community and have established a role as a strong corporate citizen; or
- have achieved milestones in their field.
Eligibility and Process
Key Eligibility Rules:
- Nominees must have a business location in North Vancouver and a valid North Vancouver business license.
- Self Nominations ARE accepted.
- Nominees do NOT need to be North Vancouver Chamber members.
An organization/individual is ineligible to win the same award category more than once in three years.
The Awards Process
A call for public nominations is made each spring, followed by a short listing process. Up to three nominees will be shortlisted as finalists in each category and announced at September’s Nominees Reception. Finalists will be assigned a team of Capilano University Motion Picture Art students who will create a film about the finalist that will be presented at November’s Business Excellence Awards Gala. After a judging process, the winners in each category will be announced at the Gala.